Friday, December 25, 2015

From bad to better

So my original post got deleted before it got published.  Grr. Anyways. So tuesday started with very little sleep before. Cara was up multiple times wanting to play, cry and she had tummy pains along with diarrea.  I was rather tired and angry all morning. I got mad at Corey and spanked him and yelled at him numerous other times.  I got a load of laundry started after getting corey a piece of bread with PB&J.  Then I put Cara down for her first nap. In my sleepless stuper I forgot to put the drain hose in the sink. So all the water drained onto the floor.  Needless to say, I flooded my kitchen and the room next to it.  I decided a shower was in order first so I could calm down.  And once done with that, I began to clean up the water mess. When Cara woke up we took the trash out to the road and upon returning to the house the kitchen was flooded yet again.  The lint from the wool blankets was clogging the sink.  So I began my clean up a second time. I finally finished that and was able to get my breakfast started around 10am. 
Since I hadn't ate breakfast yet I decided to just make lunch. So at 11:15 we had our first real meal of the day.  While I was putting Cara down for a nap earlier, I was looking at facebook and saw a post by my friend Jamie.  She posted a quote that said "Finding joy in the trials is a matter of faith not feelings".  Praise God for this post.  It turned my whole day around.  I was very productive in the after noon.  I got two other loads of laundry washed and dried. Food preped for the rest of the day, some work done on the computer and my house cleaned up.  We all went to bed early that night and slept well.  I didn't get my exercise in but I counted it a good day non the less.  

No comments:

Post a Comment